There is no formal course material to accompany the SafeAdmin Certification process, as it is intended to represent a reasonable assessment of the current skillset of service providers. However, we have provided a general list of content coverage that may assist in preparations.
This summary should help to provide a general idea of the type of material in the exam.
- SSL (OpenSSL, TLS, diagnostics)
- FTP (pureftp, firewall handling)
- Bash (output handling/redirection/piping, command chaining)
- CLI Tools (strace, vi/vim, tcpdump, rpm, others)
- MySQL (basic SQL, troubleshooting, file system, InnoDB & MyISAM)
- Email (Exim, dovecot, spam, file system)
- Security (permissions, users, vulnerabilities, system, configuration, PCI compliance)
- Networking (port/firewall handling, NAT, TCP/IP, IPv6)
- DNS (nameservers, named, PowerDNS, DNSSEC)
- Resource Handling (load handling, resource management, process management)
- Apache/PHP (HTTP, configuration, file system, performance, MultiPHP)
- Troubleshooting (best practices, diagnostics, logging, problem-solving)
- cPanel & WHM (cPanel scripts, WHM interfaces, cPanel file system, basic API)
- Linux/System (package management, file system, basic partitioning)